We are an outstanding pre-school in Shepway, Kent.
We provide a fun stimulating environment where both play and learning are part of each child’s everyday experience and enjoyment. A wide selection of indoor and outdoor facilities and activities are provided throughout the day enabling the children to learn and develop skills in a creative and exciting atmosphere. Careful individual planning and consideration of sessions ensures that the children are able to develop their skills in the proper context and at a level fitting their skills and experience.
We offer 'Free Early Education' - this entitles your three and four year old child to free 15 hours of free early education a week. If you meet the funding criteria you can also access this for your 2 year old child. Please see our Buisness Manager, Karen, for information, or visit the
The term after your child is three years old then they will be entitled to 15 hours free early education a week. For more information about this please visit the
Each child is allocated a Key Person who is paramount in ensuring an easy transition into Pre-school and attends to their wellbeing, educational and developmental needs throughout their time here. The Key Person will undertake regular observations and monitor each child's progress, allowing them to tailor activities to suit their needs, a child’s Key Person is available for you to talk to at any time.
We have a team of highly qualified, enthusiastic, committed and friendly staff who are passionate about providing excellent childcare. They are supported by a caring and hard working committee elected by parents who attend Lyminge Pre-school. We use the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as our guidance set by the government to ensure quality provision. We work with the four themes set out in the EYFS and these themes are: Unique Child, Positive Relationships, Enabling Environments and Learning and Development.
Early years learning concentrates on 7 areas split between prime and specific areas of learning.
The prime areas of learning are:
- communication and language development
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development.
The specific areas of learning are:
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design.
Kent's Local offer is all about making it easier for people to find out about services available to 0-25 year olds with special educational needs and disabilities.
You can find out about:
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- how to access services and how we make decisions
- services to support young people prepare for adulthood and independence
- arrangements for resolving disagreements, mediation and appealing to the SEN Tribunal
- sources of support, advice and information
To find out more about Kent’s local offer, please click here
Lyminge Pre-School are committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families using our setting.
We aim to:
• promote equality and value diversity within our service and foster good relations with the local community;
• actively include all families and value the positive contribution they make to our service;
• promote a positive non-stereotyping environment that promotes dignity, respect and understanding of difference in all forms;
• provide a secure and accessible environment in which every child feels safe and equally included;
• improve our knowledge and understanding of issues relating to anti-discriminatory practice,
• challenge and eliminate discriminatory actions on the basis of a protected characteristic as defined by the Equality Act (2010) namely:
- gender reassignment;
- marital status;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- sexual orientation; and
- religion or belief.
Where possible, take positive action to benefit groups or individuals with protected characteristics who are disadvantaged, have a disproportional representation within the service or need different things from the service.